With burnout now classified as an occupational syndrome, people are seeking new resources to deal with their symptoms and begin the road to recovery.
Below are 10 tips to beat burnout – delivered through the lovable persona of a fluffy, adventurous dog named Grace. Grace and her “mom” Katy are the central characters of the delightful children’s book series, “Everybody Loves Grace.”
Author Katy McQuaid, formerly a member of the CIA, shares Grace’s wisdom not only with children and families, but also in her work as a speaker and leadership consultant for organizations.
10 Tips to Beat Burnout from Grace the Dog
1. Sleep, whenever and wherever you can!
2. Just go outside – jump, skip, and run.
3. Put up your paw and ask for help.
4. Play with those you love.
5. Look out for your neighbors – they are a worthy cause.
6. Make new friends, even with a cat!
7. Share a smile or kind word, even with strangers.
8. Recharge by putting your feet in the grass.
9. Bark and whine to friends, especially those who are good listeners.
10. It’s okay to say no and find your safe space.
For more wisdom, visit Everybody Loves Grace.