Paramount Rx has put together five preventative health tips to consider, whether you’re looking to adopt from an animal shelter or just trying to keep your pets at home healthy and happy this spring.
- Be proactive about biannual veterinary checkups—Just like us humans, animals need regular visits to the doctor. Because pets age at a much quicker pace, it is crucial that pet owners schedule routine visits to the veterinarian – preferably at least twice a year – to detect any early signs of sickness.
- Provide a healthy diet—A well-balanced diet is essential to your pet’s well-being, so be sure to provide healthy food that meets their overall nutrition requirements. Consult your veterinarian to determine what brand of food is best for your pet.
- Make time for regular exercise—Keep your pet active and healthy with regular walks and play time. Daily exercise helps prevent obesity as well as provide mental stimulation, toned muscles, improved circulation and strong bones.
- Vaccinate –Vaccinations are one of the best ways to protect your pet from potentially debilitating diseases. Ask your pet’s veterinarian what vaccines your pet should have based on age, breed and medical history.
- Be diligent about proper grooming—Heartworms, ticks and parasites can have a severe effect on pets’ health and overall level of comfort. Be sure to make time for thorough baths and brushings to detect risks early on.
In alignment with Paramount Rx’s commitment to pet wellness, we collaborated with the ASPCA® (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) to launch the Help A Pet Rx and Save A Pet Rx prescription benefit card programs last year. The programs provide special offers on prescription medications for families and pets at no cost to the customer. With each prescription purchase made using the cards, $1.25 will be donated toward the ASPCA through June 2014.
The Save a Pet Rx card can be used to fill pet prescriptions while the Help a Pet Rx card can be used to fill human equivalents, often available at lower cost. Both cards are accepted at more than 54,000 national, regional and community pharmacy locations across the nation. Online tools are also available to help locate participating pharmacies and research drug pricing.
For more information on Paramount’s collaboration with the ASPCA, click here. For more details on the Paramount Rx prescription discount program, along with details on how consumers can achieve unparalleled cost savings for their families, please visit www.paramountrx.com.